- The BetterWeigh mobile towing scale takes the guesswork out of towing and hauling, by measuring the real-time, live weights of your vehicle, trailer and more.
- BetterWeigh is a towing scale for the smartphone age. Powered by TowSense technology and equipped with Bluetooth, it provides safer towing and easier setup, all with virtually no installation requirements.
- Just plug it into the vehicle diagnostic port (OBD-II).
- BetterWeigh Sets Up in 3 easy steps
- Plug it in: Plug the BetterWeigh unit into your vehicle's diagnostic port (OBD-II) below the steering wheel.
- Pair your phone: Download the free BetterWeigh app. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Then, open the app to connect.
- Calibrate: Finally, calibrate the BetterWeigh, using your vehicle's VIN number. Follow a few simple steps, prompted by the app.
The Weigh feature measures gross combined weight (GCW). This includes the vehicle, cargo, passengers and trailer. The BetterWeigh vehicle and trailer weight scale d
isplays the weight within seconds of driving.
Weighing your towing setup provides peace of mind by removing the guesswork. Based on manufacturer's vehicle towing recommendations, you can easily decide if your
vehicle is overloaded. Using the trailer weight calculator, you can know the total weight of the trailer and decide if it is safe to tow.
- Tongue Weight
The BetterWeigh is a digital trailer tongue weight scale. It helps you keep the tongue weight within the hitch and vehicle's rated capacities. It also allows you to
compare the tongue weight to the total trailer weight to verify that the trailer is properly loaded (tongue weight should be 10-15% of gross trailer weight).
Proper tongue weight is key for safe towing and avoiding trailer sway. Using this feature saves money on expensive tongue weight gauges and removes the hassle of
using a bathroom scale.
- Payload / Cargo
The truck payload calculator allows you to see how your cargo weight is changing in real time. As you're loading up the vehicle with cargo, equipment or materials,
you can avoid exceeding the payload limits.
The BetterWeigh is much easier to use and more convenient than other vehicle scales and portable truck scales. It is helpful for estimating load charges at the dump
- Pin Weight
The BetterWeigh functions as a trailer tongue scale for gooseneck trailers and 5th wheel trailers. Its Pin Weight feature allows you to ensure that the vertical load
is within the hitch and vehicle's rated capacities.
You can also compare the pin weight with the total trailer weight to ensure the trailer is properly loaded (pin weight should be 20-25% of gross trailer weight).
- Weight Distribution
Take the guesswork out of your weight distribution hitch setup! the BetterWeigh trailer weight distribution calculator gives you peace of mind and confidence,
knowing that your hitch is set up correctly. The app measures automatically without the need for a tape measure, pencil and paper.
You can verify that your weight distribution hitch is set up and adjusted accurately every time, resulting safer towing.
- Trailer Brake Gain
Setting up your trailer brake controller in the past has been a tedious trial-and-error process at best. BetterWeigh takes the blind guesswork out of the setup by
giving you the exact brake gain needed to safely tow your trailer.
BetterWeigh uses the vehicle weight and a quick 15mph start-stop test to calculate the precise trailer brake gain setting for your brake controller
Click Here To View Video of the BetterWeigh Mobile Tow Scale